Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog regeneration?

As we waited during Elaine's surgery yesterday, I was talking to Derrick and Christy about ways to improve this blog. I'd really like to see us do more with it -- like share daily experiences, especially as they relate to the church, our families or just living for Jesus. To do that, we need everyone to try and participate more. Otherwise, everyone is just going to have to put up with my sporadic posts about praying for the sick ;-)
Speaking of which, Elaine did come through her surgery fine and they removed the tumor. The doctor was optimistic about her recovery. Also, Shana e-mailed me and said the Jackie Romine was admitted to Huntsville Hospital; there is a spot on her brain. Milt Vaughn Sr. came through his shoulder surgery today, and he's at home.
I had a good study with Milt and Pam Vaughn this evening. Pam is really interested in studying and getting some of her questions answered now. Everyone continue to encourage them!
With our daily struggles, and all the sick in the congregation right now, it's easy to forget the many positive experiences and opportunities we have everyday.
brotherly,
Steve

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Hey, I like the blog - it is a great way to stay in touch, especially when you are at work all day! Grandmama is doing great - going to get a unit of blood today or tomorrow, and hopefully come home by the weekend. Thanks for everyone's prayers and concern. We'll keep Jackie and all the other sick in our prayers also.

Tim B. said...

I love the blog. I never write because I don't have anything to say. We will keep all in our prayers. We're also thankful for the improvement/good news that is also mentioned.